Teaching culture in an engaging way is pretty hard to do in English. There are also a lot of challenges to doing it in Latin. There are beginning to be some great resources out there, however. And by the way- it's all right to keep teaching culture in English. Eventually I'll be sharing my materials here, which are in English.
Some thoughts on teaching culture in Latin
- Learning to Introduce Culture in a CI Classroom by Keith Toda
- Culture Lesson Plan - Roman Pets by Keith Toda
- Dealing with History in a CI Classroom by Miriam Patrick
- Jessie Craft's Minecraft Videos: These are Latin-narrated, Minecraft-visualized walkthroughs of various Roman architectural and cultural concepts. Topics so far include temples, the domus, insulae, the Curia Iulia, the Circus Maximus, baths, Saturnalia, and Lupercalia. He's making more all the time, so subscribe!
- A history of Rome in under 10 minutes: in ENGLISH. This is a video I made to cover the basicest of basics, from Romulus to Odoacer.
- Roman history/culture playlist: in ENGLISH. A playlist of videos that relate to ancient Greek and Roman culture. I haven't watched all of them.